Can You Overdose on Gummy Vitamins?

Many US people take a multivitamin supplement each day in order to have better health. For kids who do not like to take vitamin capsule or tablets, gummy vitamins can be a good choice. The flavor and bright colors of gummy vitamins may make kids and adults more likely to take their vitamins each day. But we also suggest you not to overdose it in order to avoid the risks. You can never overdose gummy vitamins.

gummy vitamins overdose

The risk of overdose gummy vitamin is high.Although most gummy vitamins contain relatively low doses of many vitamins and minerals, it’s still possible to overdose if you eat more than the recommended daily allowance.

  Gummies with iron pose the biggest danger, so parents should avoid any gummy vitamins that contain iron. Even adults can overdose by eating too many iron-containing gummies.

  Besides, ,water soluble vitamins, such as vitamin C also might cause problem by leaving the body during urination.

  Fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin A, D, E and K also bings big risk of overdose. Gummy vitamins contain 100 micrograms of Vitamin D per unit. If you take more than 2,000 micrograms of Vitamin D each day , there will be danger.

So you should pay enough attention to the gummy vitamins overdose risks especially for kids. It looks like candy and kids might overtake it as they though it is candy. Because these supplements look so much like candy, young kids may mistake them for gummy bears, leading to possible over-consumption.